SHAH ALAM – Road users passing through the Batu Tiga and Sungai Rasau toll plazas here, are advised to comply with traffic signs and to slow down their vehicles when approaching the toll plaza area.
PLUS Malaysia Berhad managing director, Datuk Azman Ismail said warning signs on speed limits, no overtaking, sharp bend ahead and so forth were provided as reminders to the 150,000 drivers passing through the area every day.
“In addition, PLUS has also placed reflective traffic safety cones at the location to guide drivers on the position of the lanes.
“High mast street lighting are also lit at night to help the public,” he said in a statement.
He said traffic management and demolition works have already commenced at the Batu Tiga toll plaza since yesterday (Feb 20), while works on the Sungai Rasau toll plaza would begin tonight (Feb 21) as scheduled.
Meanwhile, Malaysian Highway Authority director-general Datuk Ir Ismail Md Salleh in urging road users to drive at lower speed when approaching the toll booths said the maximum speed limit at the area was 30 kilometres per hour.
Members of the public have urged the authorities to expedite demolition works on the the Batu Tiga toll plaza structure following accidents which claimed four lives after toll collection at the plaza was abolished early this year.
In the latest incident last Monday, two friends were killed after losing control of their vehicle and crashing into a pillar at the toll plaza in the 12.55am accident.
Earlier on Jan 15, two youths succumbed to injuries after their car skidded and crashed into one of the booths at the same location.
Toll collection at the two plazas, which began on Nov 15, 1993, ceased on Jan 1 this year, following an announcement by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak when tabling Budget 2018 in the Dewan Rakyat on Oct 27 last year.